Patti (7th adult from left) with Family
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am mother and a grandmother, and love being both. Music is a great love, profession and hobby. I teach violin and piano, play the organ, and sing in the choir at church. I have been happily married for 36 years this February. I love to walk and do yoga, read, and spend time with my family.
Why I Believe
I have believed in a Heavenly Father from the earliest time
I can remember. I was taught by my parents to pray to Him, and that if I asked
in faith, my prayers would be answered. They were, time and time again. It
wasn’t until I was older that I understood Jesus Christ is the intermediary
between me and my Father in Heaven.
As I read the scriptures I came to know and
love Him as my Savior and Redeemer. I received a copy of the Book of Mormon
when I was 8 years old, but it wasn’t until I was 16 that I was taught in a
powerful way by the Holy Spirit that the teachings, principles and testimonies
of Jesus Christ it contained were true.
I grew up with the account of Joseph
Smith seeing the Father and the Son in a vision, but that is not why I believe
he saw what he said he did. I have asked for myself, and was taught by the Holy
Spirit that Heavenly Father and His Son did indeed appear to Joseph Smith, and
authorized him to restore the gospel of Jesus Christ, and His church, as He
established it during His mortal ministry, and priesthood ordinances. Because
of those priesthood ordinances and the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ,
my family is sealed together for time and all eternity. I know that no matter
what happens in this life, we will be together forever in the world to come.
This plan of salvation is possible because of the mercy of a loving Heavenly
Father, who sent His Son to pay the price of my sins and weaknesses. It is only
through His grace that I can truly change my heart and be filled with charity,
the pure love of Christ. I know this, because I have been changed as I have
desired it, and called upon Him to make my weaknesses become strengths. Because
I believe these things, I am happy, and hopeful, and filled with a love for all
of God’s children. I am filled with His light in the midst of darkness, and am
carried in His arms when life is hard. I am so grateful I not only believe, but
know, through the power of the Holy Spirit, of the reality of my Heavenly
Father and His Son, my Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:
Post a Comment